Sunday, December 6, 2015

In(to) the buff

It’s the holiday season, and you know what that means. Every running publication seems to have some kind of list of gifts a runner needs. These are filled with mostly things runners don’t need, many of which are expensive. Some brief background on me is that I have a decent amount of running gear, acquired in a variety of ways, that sits in a basket in my room and never gets used. I have a few shirts, shorts and sweatshirts that I wear regularly, and it is tough to make that starting line up. If I find a product I like, I develop a strong allegiance to it. Despite attempts to switch things up, I’ve been wearing the same shoe model for at least five years.


The one item that I am intrigued by is a Buff. A buff is basically a tubular piece of fabric that can be worn any number of ways. I am attracted to them because, as happened this morning, I went running with a winter hat on, and after a few miles, it became too hot for the hat. My choices were to wear a hat that made me uncomfortably hot, or carry it. The buff could have helped here, because it can do all these things:





I can wear a buff year round, and it even provides some UV protection, which I need on the dome. If anyone reading this has any experience with the buff, please comment with your thoughts and any insight you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment